Is Swagbucks a Scam? The website is an online loyalty rewards program operated by Prodege LLC. Launched in February, 2008,Prodege provides digital services and content distribution platforms with members worldwide.
They have developed this “swag” merchandise for brands and sports teams to reward fans with loyalty products and merchandise. Companies like WWE ( World Wrestling Entertainment), The New York Giants, and Indianapolis Colts have used this program.
Here is a look into this loyalty rewards program to determine is Swagbucks a scam or legit.
- Name – Swagbucks – Customer rewards
- Owners — Protege of El Segundo, California.
- Co-Founders – Josef Gorowitz and Scott Dudelson
- CEO and Chairman – Chuck Davis
- Website – Swagbucks.com
- Price – Free membership, sign up required.
- Overall Rank – 5/10
Is Swagbucks A Scam? – Overview
Swagbucks is an online loyalty rewards program. The website is powered by Prodege LLC. Launched in February, 2008, Prodege provides digital services and content distribution platforms with members worldwide.
They have developed this “swag” merchandise for brands and sports teams to reward fans with loyalty products and merchandise. Companies like WWE ( World Wrestling Entertainment) ,The New York Giants, and Indianapolis Colts have used this program. Here is a look into this loyalty rewards program to determine if Swagbucks is a scam or legit.
The rewards program had over 12 million members and returned 100 million in rewards to it’s members by March of 2015. It has returned over 138 million to members to date.
Swagbucks claims to be the most popular rewards program on the Web. You can earn free gift cards and PayPal cash simply by doing the things you would normally do anyway.
For instance, shopping at your favorite store, watching videos, or playing games. When you use the Swagbucks website and mobile apps to shop, you earn swagbucks.
Searching to find a favorite recipe, or a movie? Use Swagbucks search engine. Each time you use the Swagbucks search engine and you earn Swagbucks.
The Project Payday is similar to Swagbucks as another way to make money online. It is an online rewards program for taking surveys, and trying products.
Is Swagbucks A Scam – More Ways to Earn Swagbucks
- Search – Swagbucks can be earned for using the Swagbucks search engine. You get paid for how long you use the search engine, not by searches. So if you switch to their search engine and use it for all your searches, your swagbucks would add up quicker. They encourage you to search for items you are interested in, and would likely use.You get 25 Swagbucks for installing the default search bar.
- Watch – Watch videos, usually 1-4 Swagbucks for for every 4-8 videos you watch. Earn maybe 5 dollars a day from watching quite a few videos.
- Shop and Earn – Shop from over 1500 retailers and get rebate rewards in Swagbucks. Most large name retailers including Amazon, Macy’s, Old Navy and Walmart. You can earn up to 20% cash back. sometime they double or triple cash back offers.
- Games – Play online games and earn Swagbucks. You can earn a few Swagbucks for playing games. But it’s not much, maybe 1 to10 Swagbucks per game. But in reality, you are getting paid to play.
- Discover – Complete Special Offers for things you like and accumulate Swagbucks. These are found under the nCrave dropdown in the Discover tab on the Swagbucks site.
- Answer – Filling out surveys of different companies that want your opinion earns Swagbucks. Signing into your Survey Dashboard and voting in the Daily Poll also earns Swagbucks.
Is Swagbucks A Scam – Swagbucks Equals 1% Back
Swagbucks is like getting a 1% cash back bonus for everything you spend money on. Worth a penny apiece, 100 Swagbucks are worth $1.00. After you accumulate your Swagbucks, they can be redeemed for gift cards or PayPal cash back.
If you apply for and use the Swagbucks Visa Card you will earn 1.25 Swagbucks for every dollar you spend. The Swagbucks Visa Card is good anywhere you would use a Visa Card.
Swagbucks rewards at retailers can vary from 1% to 15% and more. They can also include savings coupons of 15% to 80% or more in discounts below the retail price of goods.It may take some time to accumulate your Swagbucks in a sufficient quantity for any rewards. This is not a get rich quick scheme.
Do not try to use any robots to automatically gain Swagbucks. They website frowns on that and your account will be disabled.
Taking Swagbucks survey’s is the quickest way to earn Swagbucks. All you do is simply take surveys and get paid for it. One of the problems with surveys is that they can waste your time. You can fill out the entire survey, and then get disqualified right at the end.
That is the fault of the company offering the survey, and not really the fault of Swagbucks. If you do a screenshot of your survey completion, Swagbucks will credit you with the first 5 surveys you are disqualified from in any given day. But, they do want you to be giving truthful answers.
The Swagbucks you earn, vary for taking surveys. You get paid for the length of time it takes to fill out the survey. Some take longer and pay more,while some take less time and pay less.The amounts vary from 1 Swagbuck, to some paying 1000 Swagbucks. So, for example if you complete a survey worth 300 Swagbucks, you earned $3.
Demographics can also determine the amount of Swagbucks you get paid. I repeat, do not lie or cheat. You must give honest, consistent answers or you will be disqualified and lose your Swagbucks.
A common complaint of Swagbucks is support. The reviews on Swagbucks, report the program is deactivating accounts for no good reason. Because of this, people claim it is a scam. And it is no wonder, because it has taken their money. Swagbucks disagrees and assures everyone it was a glitch.
If you have screenshots to prove your claims, they insist they will make it good. People claim they are not the same as they were a few years ago and it takes longer to earn fewer Swagbucks.
Is Swagbucks A Scam – Get 10% Of Your Referrals Swagbucks for Life
Earn Swagbucks for referring other people to Swagbucks. Whenever you refer someone to Swagbucks you earn 10% of your referrals lifetime earnings on Shop, Search, Watch, Play, Answer, and Discover, all the top menu items.
Daily Poll, Activities, Coupons and Tasks from the drop down menu, are also included in your Swagbucks total. But your Swagcodes, Daily Goal Bonuses, and Swagbucks Visa awards are excluded. Swagbucks can add others at any time as well.
Earn Swagbucks For Shopping and Charitable Donations
You can earn gift certificates for trial offers of products which are mostly free, but they will require giving your credit card numbers. You can also earn Swagbucks for donating money to charity. So, if you combine your cash back, with a charitable donation, you earn it back as more Swagbucks.
Who is Swagbucks Aimed at
Swagbucks is probably for people who are online playing games anyway. This site may not be for people who are seriously trying to make money. You can be disqualified often. If this is what you normally do, casually completing things and playing games, then Swagbucks is for you.
If you like to earn gift cards and win prizes, this could be fun for you. It is perfect for someone who is looking for something to occupy their time, and not worried about making tons of money doing it.
Is Swagbucks A Scam – Ways to Make Swagbucks Daily
A bite-sized portion of content called Daily Crave contains featured videos and articles. Viewing it is worth 1 Swagbuck. Start your Swagbucks day with these easy ways to earn Swagbucks
- Toolbar/Extension – install the Swagbucks toolbar to your browser for 1 Swagbuck daily.
- Daily Poll – give your vote on the question of the day and earn 1 Swagbuck daily.
- NOSO – view a series of offers and earn 2 Swagbucks daily.
- Daily Crave – For viewing 2-3 featured articles you earn 1 Swagbuck daily.
- Add a Swagbutton – Get 50 Swagbucks for adding a Swagbutton to your desktop.
- Add search – Earn 25 Swagbucks for adding the search bar.
Hourly Random Winners
You must click the Swagbucks hourly sweepstakes to win. These are called swag codes. They are a limited-time offer for random amounts that must be claimed before they expire. If you miss them they are gone.
Swagstakes combines Swagbucks and a sweepstakes all the time that gives you the chance to win double gift cards and other rewards.
One entry can sometimes purchase Swagstakes tickets. Prize gift cards can be worth up to $2,000. Prizes that can be won, include Grand Theft Auto V and Madden 25th Anniversary.
The Swagbucks site offers daily goals of Swagbucks to attain. If you achieve the goal amount you receive a 10% bonus of additional Swagbucks.
Play Online Games and Get Paid
If you play you online games on Swagbucks, and use their search engine all the time, then you may qualify for a $5 gift card once in a while. If you were doing this anyway , then it’s no big deal.
- 100% free
- No qualifications needed
- Simple tasks to complete,
- Easy surveys to fill out
- 10% lifetime earnings from referrals
- Very slow to accumulate Swagbucks, it takes time, and a lot of patience
- It is very time consuming, and requires consistent effort.
- You can be disqualified on surveys near the end
- Payout is actually very low.
- Swagbucks do expire.
- Accounts are deactivated after 6 months of inactivity.
You must redeem your Swagbucks within two years. After two years, they will be null and void. If you do not log into your account for six months, your Swagbucks account will become inactive and you will lose all your accumulated Swagbucks.
You could easily earn 50 Swagbucks a day, and if you did it for 30 days, you would have earned $15. To some this is a very small amount, and not worth the trouble. I agree, and would say that with more effort you could easily double that. Swagbucks is for people who enjoy being online and shop online.
Swagbucks is not a scam, and you can earn money. But the process is very slow and requires a lot of time to do. Swagbucks will allow you to spend large amounts of time online playing games, and getting paid for it. But, it may not be worth the time, for making extra income.
- Name: Swagbucks
- Website: Swagbucks.com
- Price: Free- requires Sign-up
- Is Swagbucks Legitimate?- Yes
- Rank 5/10
Swagbucks Won’t Make You Rich
Swagbucks is not a get rich scheme or great way to earn money online, rather it is a good place to earn some gift certificates and prize rewards. Swagbucks is not a scam, but it can be frustrating at times.
Remember, they are trying to advertise products. It could be something you enjoy, but be careful with your credit card. I don’t like giving out credit card information, and you should be careful as well. They are trying to get data from you, so you should know that and be aware of it. Good luck!
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will get back to you promptly.
If you are looking for a way to start your own business and make some real money online, Check out my #1 recommendation. It is free, and you also get two high quality websites free, just for looking.
Learn to earn the right way and make some real money in your own business. You will also get coaching from me as long as you need it to make your business a success, so what do you have to lose? If you don’t make a change today, nothing will change.