I wanted to write a Commission Hero review, and reveal what I found out as a real user of commission Hero. It promised big bucks, like $1000 a day. But for me? Nope, nowhere close. I actually ended up spending more than I made.
And getting things rolling? Man, it took weeks just to warm up accounts for those paid ads Robby talks about. Then bam! Facebook shut down my account, and I was stuck. I’ll spill the beans on all the headaches I faced in this course.”
- Name – Commission Hero
- Website – https://robbyblanchard.com/
- Price – $997 – Upsells – Inner Circle $300 Monthly/ CH Pro $2497/ White Glove $997/Personal Coaching $10,000
- Owners – Robby Blanchard
- Quality – Overhyped – Not as simple as they claim
- Overall Rank – 4/10
- Refunds – No Refunds/ Considered after 1 year for one week only, with records of Ad spend and Sales submitted.
- Verdict – Legit but Not Recommended
How Commission Hero Works
Commission Hero, founded by Robby Blanchard, promises a $1000 per day revenue stream without the need for a website or an email list. It hinges on affiliate marketing, predominantly utilizing Facebook ads to promote mostly Clickbank, but some MaxWeb, and A4D products as well.
The method involves:
- Identifying top-converting and high-paying affiliate offers.
- Creating a Landing Page And using Facebook for ad campaigns.
- Creating sales funnels aimed at converting traffic into profits.
The premise is to develop a Facebook Fan Page aligned with a specific niche, promoting relevant products through ClickFunnels-hosted sales funnels and landing pages. Income is generated by driving traffic to these landing pages via Facebook ads, earning commissions on affiliate product sales.
Who is Robby Blanchard?
Robby Blanchford was ClickBank’s #1 affiliate for years, and still earns 40,000 to 50,000 a day. His many testimonials have students earning $1,000 and more per day.
Robby started as a gym owner who was struggling and learned how to create winning Facebook ads to promote his gym.
He tried to promote some Affiliate products and quickly became quite proficient at making money. Now he owns several businesses and holds seminars geared toward getting people to sign up for his Commission Hero Course.
Does Commission Hero Really Work?
Yes, Robby’s course can work and many testimonials back up the claims. But, it is not cheap or easy. It gets rather involved and has many moving parts.
While some experienced marketers find success, others with limited or no prior experience may struggle. Robby acknowledges the complexity, noting the numerous crucial components. Anyone can do it, but it requires some true grit and determination.
And even Robby acknowledges most quit after their Facebook accounts get shut down. And rightly so, because that creates all kinds of headaches.
It can work for some, I have seen the Clickbank profits steadily increase! These people are not earning affiliate commissions from Commision Hero.
However, some successful outcomes are tied to additional coaching, priced at $10,000. Really expensive!! For individuals lacking these resources, reconsidering Commission Hero might be prudent. There are alternative business-building approaches devoid of pricey upsells or monthly tool expenses for greater accessibility and success.
Issues With Commission Hero
So, let’s talk about the headaches with this course:
- Refund Confusion: They say ‘no refunds’, but then they dangle a “consideration” after trying the program for a year, spending on Facebook ads, and you get 1 week to get a refund! – like, seriously? A year later! Who is going to remember that date? If Facebook denies you access to your account, you may not be able to produce some of these records.
- Facebook Account Drama: My account got axed, and trust me, that’s like hitting a brick wall. Facebook is difficult to deal with!
- Ad Picture Puzzles: Changing images for ads is said to keep things fresh. But guess what? You might end up buying images someone else already used! If that happens, they won’t help and could cause a shut-down.
My Personal Experience With Commission Hero
The problem is Facebook. If you are not an expert, or very experienced in Facebook ads, you can expect to spend more money on ads. This is because ads that don’t perform well on Facebook cost you more money. Beginners usually have trouble figuring out what makes ads successful.
I personally had some success with ads, but never got to the point of reaching a 40-50% return on my expenses before I got hit with a Facebook shutdown. Facebook shut-downs with Commission Hero are very common. And you must have a Facebook ad account!
Facebook Ad Account Shutdowns
Facebook is a very challenging environment for newbies. They have many rules they strictly enforce for people with small ad accounts. And they will shut accounts down for violations, which stops your Commission Hero profits and shuts your business down.
In order to get around this issue, Robby teaches that you should have several ad accounts, several business managers, and several Facebook accounts constantly warmed up and ready to go at all times. And Facebook says, “It is against the Facebook Community Standards to maintain more than one personal account. So, you are operating in a area that is against Facebook rules.
In reality you should have more security and build a brand, and use organic search, so you will not be totally dependent upon Facebook ads. They work well, as long as you can keep your account from being shut down.
Why Does Facebook Shut Down Accounts?
Facebook will shut down accounts for many reasons. Here are some examples.
- Weight loss products
- Images that are copied/seen too often
- Images that are too graphic
- Using Clickbait Titles in ads
The Commission Hero course also uses products from Clickbank. Often these are weight loss products. And the sales videos of these products use graphic images that Facebook thinks are Spammy and doesn’t want them on it’s platform.
If you use Robby’s DFY (done for you) funnels, they are already saturated on Facebook’s platform and you will sometimes get shut down just for using them. Robby claims DFY funnels but then tells you they are just for a guide! You must create your own, and that’s true!
When hundreds of people all use the same ads, Facebook will not allowed them to be shown by everyone. They don’t want the same ad showing over and over again. But that is not DFY funnels.
Getting Your Facebook Account Back!
Sometimes, Facebook will give you your account back, but most times, they do not. Then, all the work you did with images, and content is lost. And you basically must start all over again with new accounts.
This requires a new account, which you have spent money to warm up for weeks very slowly. You can’t use the same credit card or phone number. Facebook won’t accept it and your account won’t get opened.
- New account is required
- Credit card needs replaced
- A different phone number is required
- You may have to buy a new clean tablet or computer.
It is not easy for me to keep starting over again and again. You have no foundation for a business, no brand, nothing. Once you lose your Facebook account, you are dead in the water until your new account is filled up with new content, images, and ad creatives.
You constantly need more accounts warmed up and ready to go! That’s a ton of work, and costs more money!
How Much Does Commission Hero Cost?
The Commission Hero Course costs $997, or two payments of $597. But there are many upsells that they want to sell you as well. I get into that below.
Additional Tools Needed To Make It Work!
Robby explains in his training, this course has a lot of moving parts. It primarily uses Facebook and paid advertising to generate profits. And it relies on several other tools to make this all happen. For example, you will also need:
- ClickFunnels – $99 per month ( once you reach 20 funnels the cost skyrockets to $300 PER MONTH)
- A credit card for paying ad spend with at least a $5000 credit limit. And you will need more later as you scale up!
- Ad spend – $300-600 or more per month to begin. This increases dramatically as you scale up! Easily $5000 or more!
- Fiver for Images $5 to $50 or more a month.
- Several Additional Credit Cards Are Highly Recommended (for Account Shutdowns)
Additional Tools That Are Not Required, But Highly Recommended
- Ad spy software – Social Ad Scout is recommended at $147 per month – This is necessary for continued success.
- Spy Hero – offered in the course for additional $1497 annually or free with CH-Hero upgrade @$997
- A burner app for the new phone numbers you will need @ $4.99 monthly for each phone number.
- Cometly – Complete account tracking software – $199 per month/ $1897 per year.
- American Express Credit Cards With $100,000 limits.
So figure on needing an extra $1000 per month just to keep this program going. And that does not include any upsells like coaching which costs another $10,000! And excluding any Inner Circle for $300 MONTHLY ($3600 per year), or the upgrade to CH Pro for $2497, or White Glove for $997.
Just for one year alone, the upsells total a mind boggling $17,094! And Inner Circle is a recurring payment until you cancel. Also, I did not mention the cost of the tools above to make it all possible, that’s extra! Does this sound confusing? It is!
Training and Support
Alright, here’s the lowdown on the course content and support system:
- Facebook Group: They’ve got a Facebook group, but it’s hard to go back and locate helpful posts, it’s not as helpful as it could be. And you need cash to run those ads, and your Facebook account not shut down or it’s game over.
- Course Stuff: Robby offers 9 training modules, but sometimes, it seems the real secrets are behind those expensive upgrades or coaching.
Commission Hero Course Modules
Robby’s series of video modules give good detail on how to set up everything you need. FB Account, Fan pages, Landing pages, Ads, and even one video on “Getting Accounts Back”! This training is very detailed, and there is also a Facebook group for asking any questions. And Robby does a pretty good job of answering questions in person, but the answers are very brief, and sometimes not detailed enough.
- 1. Getting Started-Introducing Clickfunnels (Walk through)
- 2. Facebook set up – Creating and Setting up Business Managers, Ad Accounts, payment methods, fanpage, domain, pixels & placement, creating Audiences & warming up accounts.
- 3. Building Your Foundation – Business Structure, Creating profiles, Cell Phone profiles & Proxy profiles.
- 4. Creating Your Ad – Landing Pages with Clickfunnels, Affiliate links, Winning Ads, Story Ads, Creative Ads, Winning Creatives, Fiverr Designers, Launching Campaigns, Conversion Campaigns
- 5. Spy Hero ($1497a yr.) – Introduction, Walk through, Case Study
- 6. Tracking And Scaling – Tracking Spreadsheet, Tracking Links, Tracking Id’s, Scaling Campaigns, Case Study.
- 7 Cometly Setup – Intro, Setting up Your Account, Common Mistakes, Id Tracker Explained, understand the Data, Optimizing Ads, Scaling Strategies.
- 8. Additional Training – Testing Budgets, How to Get Facebook Accounts Back, How to Appeal An Account Shut-down, Payment methods, Payment methods to Scale: Revolut, Reaching out to Affiliates, Case Study.
- 9. Bonuses – Email Marketing Training, SnapChat Training, landing pages copy, Ad Pages & Ad copy, Featured offers, Rolodex of Contacts, Setting up Your Business Entity.
Commission Hero Facebook Group
The training is a bit confusing by placing additional units of training on the Facebook workbook page. It would be simpler if the training was all in one place. But, a lot of information is learned by people asking questions in the Facebook group as well.
The Facebook group has several people who are actual successful users of the program that are available for asking questions and are very helpful. And a member who works at Facebook to answer Facebook questions. That is helpful, but not useful if you are out of money and unable to move forward with the course. You need to be able to pay for running ads, or you are dead in the water.
But, let’s say you try to make a go of it on the original membership, you get a lot of training, but many small and very important details are not given away. Robby says “I don’t hold anything back”, but that’s not true. The real money making details are left for the upsells and private coaching for $10,000.
$1k Paydays Are Not All Profit!
And if you do manage to make a $1000 a day “payday”, that is not all profit. You could easily spend a thousand dollars or more in the beginning, to make that $1000 payday. That is not pleasant! But, if you are not getting people clicking on your ads, your losses become 100%
In reality, that means you make have to take losses for awhile until you understand everything. It is your hope to reduce costs to less that 40 – 50% ROI (return on investment) to make a $500 profit from that $1000 payday. And Robby offers no guarantees!
There is a much cheaper (and safer) alternative, check it out below.
Related: Is the Kibo Code A Scam
The Truth About Ad Images
Commission Hero tells you you need to change the images to keep your ads fresh. So, you are trained to go to Fiver and get some images created to use. But, you have no idea if the person who sells you the creatives, hasn’t already sold them to others?
This means you could buy some images that are already being used by someone else. This is a red flag to Facebook! If they are familiar with these ads, they will not let your ads run, or worse shut down your account.
Facebook will at first flag your account for low quality images, and if you don’t change your images, they will shut you account down.
ClickFunnels Has A Learning Curve of It’s Own
Robby’s DFY funnels need ClickFunnels to work. And ClickFunnels has its own set of challenges, which require some time to learn how it operates. This also affects your sales until you master the art of creating sales funnels that actually convert. Using the DFY funnels in the CH program, does not always work. You need to rewrite it into your own words.
A newbie (like me) is pretty well lost for quite some time trying to figure everything out. You don’t even know what questions to ask at times, because you don’t know the problem!
If you know what you are doing, this would be easier! But it is still time consuming. Personally, I found this quite overwhelming because I didn’t have any experience with PPC (pay per click) ads. I didn’t know anything about ClickFunnels, or what it takes to keep Facebook happy! I had great difficulty trying to keep up with all the details involved, and getting everything right.
Related: ClickFunnels Pricing Review
Commission Hero Testimonials
There are plenty of Commission Hero testimonials to be found. Here are a few.
Commission Hero Complaints
There were 11 complaints filed as of this writing. Here are two examples I found:
You are basically handing your money over to Commission Hero at your own risk, with no guarantees of anything, and no refunds! This has always been a Red Flag for me. And with all the issues with commision hero, it is no wonder he won’t issue a refund. He knows everyone would quit!
Commission Hero Pros And Cons
- Detailed Training On Facebook Ads
- Training for Click Funnel Sales Funnels
- Facebook Group
- NO Refunds!
- Many Extra Costs and Upsells
- Facebook Shutdowns Are A Problem
- No Real Business Foundation
Commission Hero is Legit, But Not Recommended
Robby’s course is best for people who have some experience and plenty of money to finance all the tools necessary. Some people have claimed they are making nice money, while others struggle to figure it all out. And if you run out of money, your business is done. Most people quit Robby’s course when they get their accounts shut down.
When you Facebook account gets shut down, is when it gets more difficult and more tools are needed. Which means more money that most people don’t have. If you are considering this program, please think about it a long time, before you commit to it. You need a lot of money to make this work, especially if you are new!
Does it work? Yes, some have had success with Commission Hero, and maybe you could also. But, if you don’t have some deep pockets, it going to get tough! It costs money to deal with all the challenges you will face.
I have a better way that doesn’t require all the expensive tools, and doesn’t require paid ads on Facebook, and has no account shutdowns. Check it out below, it’s free! No credit card required.
|Frequently Asked Questions
|What is Commission Hero?
|Commission Hero is an affiliate marketing course created by Robby Blanchard. It teaches you how to use Facebook ads to promote affiliate products and earn commissions on sales. The course covers everything from finding profitable affiliate offers to creating effective ad campaigns.
|Does Commission Hero really work?
|Yes, Commission Hero can work for some people. However, it is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It takes time, effort, and money to make money with affiliate marketing. The course itself is expensive, and you will also need to spend money on advertising. Additionally, Facebook is constantly changing its rules, so what works today may not work tomorrow.
|What are the pros and cons of Commission Hero?
Detailed training on Facebook ads
Training on ClickFunnels sales funnels
Active Facebook group
Many extra costs and upsells
Facebook account shutdowns are a common problem
No real business foundation
|Is Commission Hero a scam?
|No, Commission Hero is not a scam. It is a legitimate affiliate marketing course that can teach you how to make money online. However, it is important to be aware of the risks and challenges involved before you invest any money.
|Is there a better alternative to Commission Hero?
|There are many different affiliate marketing courses and programs available. Some may be a better fit for you than Commission Hero, depending on your budget, experience level, and goals. If you want a cheaper course that teaches you how to build a business, safer and much more affordable, I recommend Wealthy Affiliate.
It is important to do your research and compare different options before you make a decision.
Thanks for reading my post. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. I will get back to you ASAP.
I am Chas, creator and founder of Help For Scams And Frauds. I started affiliate marketing and earning money online in 2015. And I can tell you, anyone can do this. But, in order to build a business the right way you must have the right training and avoid the get rich quick schemes.