This Scams And Frauds Checklist Is Your Personal Plan of Action for Fighting Back
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
This checklist gets you organized. A simple and straight forward plan of action toward getting your money back. This list is an actual plan that has worked for me and many others. It is intended as a guide to give you a place to start the fight to possibly get your money back, before you spend any money on an attorney.
- My primary goal is to help you get your money back, period.
- The methods I use are free and most people DO get their money back.
PLAN OF ACTION
- Call your bank or credit card company and stop any payment if possible.
- Get all receipts and records organized in a timeline of events.
- Copy all contracts and statements describing what you were promised.
- File a police report. It is not mandatory, but recommended..
- You MUST Contact the Attorney General’s Office BEFORE you hire an attorney. They WILL NOT get involved if you already have an attorney.
- Contact the Attorney General’s Office in your state. Tell them what happened.
- Be patient, and wait. They WILL get back to you, do not call and hound them.
- Fill reports online to the FBI- IC3 unit and the FTC. Tell them who scammed you.
- Wait. You likely will not hear from the FBI, or FTC, but you will be alerting them of the person who scammed you, and they may file criminal charges.
- Only after the Attorney General’s Office has done all they can do, that you then decide if it is worth hiring your own attorney and pursuing a lawsuit.
- Read my article– What Steps to Take if You Get Scammed.
Learn more about Scams and Frauds Here
Where to Report a Scam Online
- Attorney Generals Office
- Internet Crime Complaint Center – FBI IC3 Unit
- FBI Online Tip Form
- FBI Cyber Crime Division
- Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Federal Trade Commission
- National Consumers League
- Better Business Bureau
- IRS –For Reporting Tax Fraud
Keep this list by your computer or phone – where you will need it most when you get scammed!
Courtesy of https;//helpforscamsandfrauds.Com Committed to Helping You